Onion for hair growth is unknown to most people, but the onion is one of the best home remedies for treating various hair problems like hair loss and split ends. Onion contains a trace of sulphur, which is one of the essential nutrients that and stimulates new hair growth. The high amount of sulphur in onions makes it, particularly effective in regenerating hair follicles and jump-start hair growth.
Research has it that when onion juice is applied on the scalp twice a week for a couple of months, it promotes hair growth. Don’t worry about the smell because it can be washed away.
How to prepare onion juice at home?
There are three different ways you easily make onion juice at home for hair-loss therapy.
This is the easiest way to prepare onion juice at home. The method is identical as using a blender or food processor.
Blender or Food processor
Peel the onions and cut them into four sections. Blend and filter the onion using a muslin cloth to extract the juice.
Cut the onions into two halves and place them in a grater. Grate the onion and squeeze the juice using a muslin cloth.
Benefits of onion juice
From time immemorial, onion has been an important ingredient for making scrumptious meals. Before the onion became a widely used solution for hair regrowth, it has been used by many people to relieve honey bee bites, skin pigmentation, and nose bleed.
Onions contain flavonoids and phenolics are potent anti-inflammatory, anti-carcinogenic anti-oxidant and anti-cholesterol properties. Onion is rich in B6, Vitamin C, folic acid, iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and chromium.
Six Benefits of Onion for Hair Loss
- Several researches on hair fall conducted by experts have established that onions contain healing properties for treating male and female pattern baldness.
- Raw onion juice is excellent in stimulating blood circulation and expedites hair growth when applied directly on the scalp.
- Onions can be eaten or applied directly to the scalp to prevent premature and graying of hair.
- Onions have anti-bacterial properties to treat several scalp and hair infections caused by yeast of fungi.
- Onion is an excellent tonic for hair thinning because it contains sulphur. With regular application, it will help thicken your hair by improving its volume.
- Several researches conducted on hair fall have established that onions contain great healing properties. These are effective in treating conditions such as androgenic alopecia or female pattern baldness.
Best onion for hair growth recipes
This is the easiest recipe to make at home. Raw onion juice could be a little difficult to drink so apply it directly on the scalp instead. Ground an onion with a little water to make a thick juice and apply to hair and scalp to speed up hair growth.
Wrap your head with a towel and leave the mixture for 25-30 minutes so it is absorbed by the hair follicles. Then wash your hair to get rid of the smell. If you do this regularly, the thickness of your hair will dramatically improve in three months.
Onion honey mixture
The best way to drink raw onion juice is to mix it with honey. You can also apply the mixture to your scalp to treat dandruff and scalp infection and to nourish hair naturally. In fact, regular consumption on onion is very helpful in treating dandruff, yeast, and fungal infections to thicken hair and prevent premature graying.
Mix a tablespoon of honey with 1/4t cup raw onion juice and either drink it or apply directly to the scalp. In fact, regular consumption on onion is very helpful in treating dandruff, yeast, and fungal infections to thicken hair and prevent premature graying.
Onion-rum concoction is great for speeding up hair growth. The ideal preparation would be to chop an onion finely then soak it overnight in a rum. Strain it the next day and use the liquid to rinse your hair.
Oral consumption of onion
Onions are excellent taste enhancer and can make any food taste great. If you cannot stand the overpowering scent and pungent taste, try adding it to your regular recipes. This will provide the same benefit as applying raw onion on the scalp.
Aloe Vera and onion
Mix small slices of onion and Aloe Vera to your shampoo and use this to wash your hair two to three times a week. Then use a rosemary and avocado pear conditioner to hydrate your hair.
Onion juice with coconut or almond oil
For frizzy hair, you can mix onion juice with coconut or for shiny and manageable hair.
Onion and your favorite shampoo
This mixture will accelerate hair growth and give your hair glacial shine. Add minced onion to you shampoo and let it sit for 15 days. Then use regularly.
Lemon juice and onion
Mix equal parts of onion and lemon juice in a bowl and give your scalp a massage for thicker hair.
Onion, garlic, and cinnamon sticks
Mix a red onion, four cloves of garlic, and two cinnamon sticks in a pot and simmer for 15 minutes. Rinse your hair with this infusion for four days in a row to stimulate hair growth.
How often can treatment be done?
Always use fresh onions when making a concoction. Treatment can be done every day or on alternate days if you want. It takes at least a month for you to see the results. You can use onion for hair growth treatment even if you have dry scalp. After massaging onion juice essential oil mixture to your scalp, cover your head with a honey-olive oil mixture.
You may have tried many methods to treat hair loss, but making a few onion juice concoctions may just do the trick. And, please let me know if this onion for hair growth therapy helped you at all.
- How to Use Peppermint Oil for Hair Growth
- 10 Home Remedies on How to Make Hair Thick
- Why You Need the Best Vitamins for Hair Growth
- Farewell to Hair Problems with Castor Oil for Hair Growth
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil is Great for Improving Hair Growth
- How To Use Aloe Vera Juice For Hair Growth
- Why Tea Tree Oil for Hair is Your Best Option
- Some Juicing For Hair Growth Tips That Can Help In A Big Way
- Reclaiming Beauty Through Home Remedies for Hair Growth
- How to Experience Ultimate Hair Growth with Emu Oil
- Is Tea Tree Oil Good For Hair Growth?
- Tea Tree Shampoo Benefits You May Not be Aware of
- The Benefits of Henna For Healthy Hair
- Hair Shedding Preventing Fall Out
- Avocado Oil For Hair Growth
- Importance of Choosing the Best Hair Growth Shampoo
- How to Grow Eyelashes Using Home Remedies
- Natural Hair Growth Tips to Achieve Healthier Hair
- The Effectiveness of Rosemary Water in Stimulating Hair Growth
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for Hair Growth
- Solid Partners: Vitamin D and Hair Growth
- Which Essential Oils for Hair Growth is Good for You
- Is Facial Hair Growth Cream Your Best Option?
- Is Hair Growth Inhibitor Lotion Safe for Everyday Use?
No related posts.
Dont be so shy, Ask you Question at Our "Hair Problems Forum" or Leave a Comment Below