Do you long for thicker and gorgeous hair? Do you want to know how to make hair thick and healthy?
Our hair enhances our appearance; so many of us spend hundreds of dollars in hair-care products to get the desired volume. Hair thinning is unavoidable and affects men and women of all ages irrespective to stature and race.
Our hair type depends on our genetic nature, the food we eat, and the climate of the place we live. Some of the common causes of hair loss are hormonal imbalances, physical and emotional stress, nutritional deficiencies, allergies, pollution, poor hair care, or the use of wrong products.
We may suffer hair loss at some stages in our life but there are home remedies to keep our hair healthy and increase its volume. These are cheaper and safe. Natural home remedies can be done in the comfort of your kitchen to improve hair thickness without adverse side effects.
Here are the top 10 home remedies you can try out to get stronger and thicker hair naturally, and they can be found in your kitchen.
Top 10 home remedies for thick hair:
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera gel is the most popular ingredients to help you achieve thicker hair because of its proteolitic enzymes known to eradicate dead skin cells on the scalp that could clog the hair follicles. It has keratolic action that breaks down scalp cells and sebum accumulating in your scalp that can contribute to partial baldness. Aloe Vera has alkalizing properties to help make your hair pH reach a more desirable level to promote hair growth.
Take two Aloe Vera leaves and cut them in half. Then extract the gel and rub it onto the scalp. Alternatively, you can mix the Aloe Vera gel with one egg and some brandy. Apply the mixture evenly and allow it to work on your scalp for about 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water then shampoo with mild ingredients. Repeat this treatment once a week.
2. Orange Juice
The citric acid properties of Orange juice can promote hair growth because it can get rid of oil and dandruff.
Juice one orange and mix it with apple puree and apply it as a hair pack. Leave it for 30 minutes before you wash it off. Repeat this treatment once a week to stimulate hair growth. Alternatively, you can mix orange juice with olive oil them warm it. Leave it onto hair for about an hour then rinse off with plain water.
3. Egg yolk
The best protein treatment for stronger and thicker hair is egg yolk because it is loaded with Vitamins A, D, and E to prevent hair thinning and protect it from UV rays, chlorine and pollution. It is rich in sulphur and a great source of lecithin.
Take two medium-sized eggs and apply it to wet hair. Allow to sit for 10 minutes then wash your hair with lukewarm water followed by your favorite shampoo. You can repeat this treatment at least three times a week. You can also try mixing an egg with one tablespoon olive oil and two tablespoons water then apply it to your hair. Apply it to your hair and scalp and leave for 15 minutes. With regular treatment, you will see your hair grow thicker and stronger.
Avocado helps rejuvenate and revitalize damaged and dry hair because it is loaded with 25 vital nutrients, including vitamins A, B, C, E, K, and minerals such as magnesium, potassium, iron, copper, phosphorus.
Mash avocado and banana and massage it to your scalp to enjoy stronger and thicker hair. Leave the mixture for 30 minutes to let your scalp absorb the nutrients. Wash thoroughly and follow it with hair thickener shampoo and conditioner. You can also make a hydrating mask by adding two tablespoons of olive oil to half an avocado and apply to freshly shampooed hair. Rinse thoroughly after thirty minutes and apply your favorite conditioner.
5. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek Seeds is a culinary herb and an antidote for hair loss. Many scientists have confirmed that the Vitamin C, protein, nicotinic acid, potassium, amino acids, niacin and lecithin found in fenugreek seeds is a natural emollient in making a healthy and thick hair. Its amino acids and protein helps reduce dandruff and hair loss.
Soak two tablespoons fenugreek seeds in water for 10 hours. Make a fine paste and apply it to your scalp and hair. Allow it to sit for 30 minutes then wash your hair with lukewarm water. Repeat this treatment at least once a week to enjoy thick and lustrous hair.
6. Indian Gooseberry
Indian Gooseberry is rich in vitamin A and C. When consumed on an empty stomach, it can slow down the degradation of collagen while helping the body to produce more. Its antioxidant, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and exfoliating properties can help maintain a healthy scalp to promote faster hair growth.
Boil one tablespoon dried gooseberry with two tablespoon coconut oil. Strain and use it to massage your scalp before going to sleep. Shampoo your hair in the morning and follow with a conditioner. Alternatively, you can boil powdered Indian gooseberry in water. Leave it overnight and use this to rinse your hair.
The easiest way to get thicker hair is to massage your hair regularly with pure coconut oil. Coconut oil reduces protein loss and retains the moisture necessary for strong and well-nourished hair. It has nutrients and antibacterial properties that protect hair and scalp from bacteria and infection.
Heat the coconut oil before you massage it to your scalp. Remember to use your fingertips in a circular motion to improve blood circulation and help the hair follicles absorb the nutrients. Cover your hair with a warm moist towel and leave for an hour. Shampoo and condition your hair as usual. This remedy can be repeated once a week for thick and strong hair.
8. Olive oil
Olive oil contains omega three fatty acids, which act as a natural moisturizer to help prevent dandruff. It prevents frizzy hair that can cause split ends because its fatty acids will coat the shaft of your hair. Olive oil can add shine to your dry and damaged hair by coating the outer layer of your hair giving them healthier and smoother appearance.
Massage olive oil to your scalp for about 30 minutes. Wash thoroughly and use a mild shampoo and conditioner. You can also apply olive oil before going to bed and wash it in the morning. Alternatively, you can mix olive oil with honey and apply it to your hair. Leave it for an hour then shampoo and condition your hair.
Flaxseeds is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids to nourish hair follicles, and vitamin E to nourish the scalp, hair roots, and shaft. This can help prevent hair loss, help increase the luster and volume or your hair as well as expedite hair growth. With regular use, flax seed oil can help prevent dandruff, acute hair loss, scalp eczema and provide the required hydration to keep your hair looking healthy.
Soak three tablespoons of flaxseed in a bowl of water for five days. Apply the solutions to your scalp using a cotton ball. Leave it for 15minutes and rinse off with warm water. This organic treatment will give you thicker hair in a few weeks. Repeat the process every day to enjoy thick and shiny hair.
10. Henna Leaves
Henna Leaves is India’s most popular beauty herbs. It is obtained from Lawsonia Inermis leaves with red-orange dye and anti-fungal properties to give your hair that natural and healthy look. Henna leaves are not only used for covering gray hair, but it makes your hair strong, voluminous and shiny.
Grind fresh henna leaves and grind them in a little water to make a paste. Leave for two hours and apply it on your hair. Cover with a shower cap. Wash your hair thoroughly after three hours and apply a conditioner. Alternatively, you can make a hair mask by soaking the henna powder in water overnight then add mix one raw egg and lemon juice the following morning. Apply it to your hair to promote hair growth. Repeat this process twice a week to expedite the results.
How to Get Thicker Hair Naturally
Some of us are born with thick hair, but other people are not so lucky. There are factors that affect our hair growth like aging, environmental factors and our stress levels. However, if we know how to understand our hair and what causes hair loss, we can prevent hair thinning.
There are innumerable products promising to help your hair grow thicker and longer, and yet; they contain harsh ingredients like sodium laurel and laureth that strip the hair of its natural oils.
- If you are like most people who frequently wash their hair, you will wash away the natural oils produced by our scalp, which coats and protects our hair from outside damage. Use a “dry shampoo” in between washes to keep you looking fresh.
- Treat your hair gently. Use a wide-toothed comb instead of a brush and be gentle with your hair when it is wet.
- Avoid using heat styling tools because they can make your hair dry and brittle. Try to avoid chemical treatments and hair dyes. Allow your hair to grow in its natural texture and color.
- Make some lifestyle changes by eating well-balanced diet and foods that make your hair grow thicker like fish, chicken, lean meats, legumes, nuts, avocados. Take Biotin, iron, and vitamin B supplements. Take supplements for thicker hair.
- Protect your hair with a scarf or a hat when you go out for a walk. If you swim in a chlorinated pool, wear a swim cap.
- Massage your hair regularly using your fingertips to increase blood circulation in your scalp.
- Examine your stress levels and make healthy lifestyle choices.
If you have done these home remedies religiously but are still not satisfied with the volume of your hair, consider hair transplants or see a dermatologist for better treatment options to help you how to make hair thick.
- Why You Need the Best Vitamins for Hair Growth
- Spicy Uses of Onion for Hair Growth
- Reclaiming Beauty Through Home Remedies for Hair Growth
- Which Essential Oils for Hair Growth is Good for You
- Vitamins for Thicker Hair To Choose
- Farewell to Hair Problems with Castor Oil for Hair Growth
- The Benefits of Henna For Healthy Hair
- Is Facial Hair Growth Cream Your Best Option?
- 14 Magic Hair Growth Recipes Using Cayenne Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for Hair Growth
- Some Juicing For Hair Growth Tips That Can Help In A Big Way
- How to Experience Ultimate Hair Growth with Emu Oil
- Natural Hair Growth Tips to Achieve Healthier Hair
- Importance of Choosing the Best Hair Growth Shampoo
- How to Grow Eyelashes Using Home Remedies
- How to Use Peppermint Oil for Hair Growth
- How Much Biotin for Hair Growth Do You Need?
- Why Tea Tree Oil for Hair is Your Best Option
- Solid Partners: Vitamin D and Hair Growth
- The Effectiveness of Rosemary Water in Stimulating Hair Growth
- How To Use Aloe Vera Juice For Hair Growth
- Premium Option with Biotin 10000mcg Hair Growth
- Is Tea Tree Oil Good For Hair Growth?
- Using Fish Oil to Stimulate Hair Growth
Dont be so shy, Ask you Question at Our "Hair Problems Forum" or Leave a Comment Below
Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home/sites/sites/fairyhairs.com/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3182